He will send help from heaven to rescue me, disgracing those who hound me. My God will send forth his unfailing love and faithfulness.Psalm 57:3
- Have you ever been or are you currently in a time of crisis, trauma, grief or loss?
- Do you feel like: you’ve been run into a cave or out of the town and your sense of belonging or purpose was crushed?
- Does it seem like all answers or doors of opportunity have closed and provision is in a season of famine?
- Do you hear the hounds of hell in the distance or feel their teeth nipping at your heels?
If you answered yes to one or more of the questions you are in great company! Like King David, you can seek God and have faith and trust He will come to your rescue and will fulfill His purpose for your life.
The eyes of the LORD watch over those who do right; his ears are open to their cries for help.Psalm 34:1
Before David became King of Israel, he went through more than one series persecutions and seasons of crisis. His employer, King Saul who had grown increasingly jealous of him even sent him out on several suicide missions hoping he would be killed in battle. The LORD went before David and rescued him giving him victory after victory over Israel’s enemies.
Instead of rewarding or honoring David King Saul’s bitterness and hatred increased. God’s glory and strength was with David, but eventually he had to run for his life to Gath. The threats on his life didn’t stop. The King of Gath recognized him, and he had to act crazy in order to get away. By another narrow escape he found refuge in the Cave of Adullam.
Although David was a mighty man of God, he was no stranger to opposing forces. He had to run in order to find courage, hope and freedom in the midst of a crisis.
It wasn’t long afterward that David’s brothers and family joined him in his crisis. Others heard he was in trouble. These were also people who were in trouble, debt and discontented. Pretty soon over 400 men had joined forces with him. He now had his own army.
David composes a song about the situation.
Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy!Psalm 57:1-3
I look to you for protection.
I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings
until the danger passes by.
I cry out to God Most High,
to God who will fulfill his purpose for me.
He will send help from heaven to rescue me,
disgracing those who hound me.
My God will send forth his unfailing love and faithfulness.
- Who do you cry out to when the hounds are on your heels?
- Do you look to God for His protection?
- Do you take refuge under the shadow of God’s mighty power and protection?
- Do you cry out for God to fulfill His purposes in your life, or beg Him to give you what you want?
God will always send forth his unfailing love. He is always faithful.
You are more valuable than you will ever know understand. Unconditional love, freedom and mercy is within your reach and beyond your wildest dreams!
Marlene, Counselor, Mentor & Coach
From ashes to beauty…
Get help, hope, deliverance and healing today!
Contact me for a complimentary consultation.