Helping Others in Crisis
have a Christ Filled Christmas!
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
I remember one Christmas which was especially difficult for me. I had four small boys. My family was also having a personal crisis. I was overwhelmed and barely able to function.
One afternoon a friend showed up at my door with a Christmas tree, the stand, lights, homemade decorations, cookies and hot cocoa. She put on some Christmas music and “together“ we put up the tree for my family. This very small gift on her part changed my life and reminded me the true meaning of “why” we celebrate Christmas. It is all about the greatest gift of Jesus given to the entire world!
We can help those who are in some form of crisis or trauma, or who are alone by sharing the love of Christ in very practical ways
“Jesus wants you and your family to follow Him and have a Christ-filled Christmas!” He loves you and has a plan for your life that is more than you can ever imagine!
- Bring a meal to the family
- Offer a listening ear and emotional support, even if you don’t
understand all the specifics
- Pick up groceries,
- Take the children out for a fun
activity or babysit
- Mow the lawn, shovel snow or do other housecleaning tasks
- Walk the dog
- Buy gift cards to restaurants
- If one of the family is in the hospital, offer to stay in the hospital room while the family takes a coffee break or
goes for a walk.
- Send a card, or an e-greeting via www.carepages.com, a site that connects families and friends during
- Help with holiday gift shopping
- Bake a tin of cookies
- Bring stockings and wrapped gifts to put in on Christmas Eve
- And of course, offer to pray with and for them… and then do it!
- Don’t forget to follow-up with them after the holidays
and offer to help.
View PDF BY CLICKING HERE
Email to receive ENews
One thought on “Tips for A Christ-filled Christmas”
Cinderella Released is always filled with thoughtful creativity. You are a marvel.