A little before midnight 5/1/2017 the LORD called my spiritual mom, confidant and one of my very special mentors home to be with Him.
She always told me, Marlene, I pray the Lord will take me to be with Him not one minute sooner or later than He desires and that I will have finished my race well.
I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. Acts 20:23-24
I think anyone that knows Barbara knows she has finished her race well, and is now on to the next phase of where God has so magnificently placed her for the next millennial and beyond!
One of her favorite songs (she wrote) she would always sing to me when she was getting ready to go on to her next assignment was, “I’m packing my bags, getting ready to go, I can’t delay… Because the cloud is moving on, the cloud is moving on and I can’t stay.”
During the past twenty-five years Barbara has walked with me through many many trials and crisis’ in my life. She has not only been there for me, but also for my four sons, praying faithfully for all of us. She always shared what was on her heart, whether I wanted to hear it or not.
A few years ago I was in a very depressed state (again…) and my world had fallen apart. She called me nearly every day to encourage me. This is what she wrote to me:
I can only tell you what I am doing, and Richard confirmed this morning that I am right on.
Just read until God gives you a Rhema Word and then cling to that Word for dear life. Jesus is the Word and He is our Bread, the Bread of Life.
What’s happening is that our faith is being stretched like never before. We are no longer in the boat and what that means to me is that if He doesn’t rescue us, we’re lost. I’ve been in such pain with my leg this week, but remember Moses was on the backside of the desert when God called him to deliver His chosen people.
Richard had a word this morning that we can only go on as high a mountain as we have been prepared for through our testings and experiences. And you my dear friend have had more than your share of problems.
Command that depression to get off you right now. You have the authority. Encourage yourself in the Lord and review every promise He has given you. I pray for a witty invention for you. This is a trial of your faith, but because Jesus is interceding for you you will find your destiny.
Below is the list of declarations… that you can pray over yourself and others!
PERSONAL DECLARATIONS OF TRUTH
- I have been made righteous by the finished work of Christ. My prayers are powerful an(d effective. (2 Cor 5:21; James 5:16)
- God richly supplies all my financial needs. (Phil 4:19)
- I am dead to sin and alive to obeying God. I am no longer a sinner, but a saint. I am a friend of God and He shares with me what He is up to. (Romans 6:1, John 15:15)
- I walk in ever-increasing health (Is 53:3-5, 3 John 1:2)
- I dwell in the secret place and liv under a supernatural protection (Ps. 91)
- I prosper in all my relationships (Luke 2:52)
- I am a revivalist and consistently and consistently bring God encounters to other people. I lay my hands on the sick and they are healed. (Mark 16:17-18
- I am a messenger of hope and peace- Christ in me the hope of glory! (Col 1:27)
- Through Jesus I am absolutely loved and worthy to receive all of God’s blessings. (Eph 1:3, Zeph 3:17)
- Each of my family members is wonderfully blessed and radically love Jesus (Acts 16:30-31)
- I laugh when I hear a lie from the devil. The Spirit of truth is on the inside of me and I know Him personally! (Ps 2:2,4)
- I set the course of my life today with my words. My words are powerful and full of life! ( James 3:2-5)
- I declare today that I am vicorious, encouraged, happy and fulfilled. ( Phil 4:13)
- I am the head and not the tail. I have insight. I have wisdom. I have ideas. I have authority. (Deut 28:13; 8:18; James 1:5-8, Luke 10:19)
- As I speak and partner with God’s promises they come to pass. (2 Peter 1:2-4, Mark 11:23,24)
- God is on my side today, therefore I am victorious! (Romans 8:37, Ps 91)
- I have the wisdom of God today because I have been given the mind of Christ. I will think the right thoughts, say the right words, and make the right decisions in every area of my life. (1 Cor. 2:16)
- I choose life today. I choose health today. Today I am satisfied, whole, and full of hopeful vision. (Deut 30:19, Neh 8:10, Ps 103:1-3, 2 Tim 1:6-7)
- I expect the best day of my life, spiritually, emotionally, mentally relationally, and financially in Jesus’ Bane (Romans 15:13
- I have a covenant with God and by the blood of Jesus I welcome and expect divine protection and divine provision (Heb 8:6)
- I expect to have divine appointments today.
- I say to my mind peace, be still. I say to my emotions, peace be still. I say to my family, peace be still.
- I declare that today is a blessed day! I know a mighty God who today will do exceedingly and abundantly above all that I ask or think. I say that You are a good God and I eagerly anticipate Your goodness today. (Eph 3:20)
2 thoughts on “The Cloud is Moving On Bat Zion!”
You captured who Barbara was very well. I remember her singing that song too! Looking forward to seeing her again in that glorious place! Hugs across the miles, dear Bat Zion!